For years now, PayPal has solidified itself as the payment system of choice for anyone doing business on the Internet.
PayPal account types are designed to provide you with the right amount of functionality for your needs. There is no cost to set up an account and it is always free.
There are a few different types of PayPal account – Personal, Premier and Business – and there are a couple of different types of business accounts within that category too. Choosing the right one is important, and entirely depends on the needs of your company.
It will be preferably to setup your personal PayPal account if you are going to promote Wealthy Affiliate as an affiliate.
PayPal handles the payment gateway and merchant account functions plus taking care of the secure data transfer needed to protect your customers’ credit card data.
If you’re not an internet entrepreneur and just want an easy way to send money online to friends and family, then PayPal is great for that too.
How to setup your Personal PayPal Account?
Go to PayPal’s website. Click here to open PayPal and click the “Sign Up” button.
On the next screen, you’ll need to choose which type of account you’d like to setup.
Click “Get Started” button on the left for Personal Account from the two types as shown below.
Select your country from the drop down button.
Fill up the following and click the “Continue” button.
- Your valid E-mail Address.
- Your password to use with your PayPal account. This password must be at least eight characters long and is case-sensitive. You also must include at least one digit or symbol.
- After that, you need to re-enter your password to make sure your password you typed is confirmed and correct. Picking a password that you don’t use with other accounts you may have is also important. If you pick your e-mail password to use as your PayPal password and your e-mail password is compromised, you may find someone making unauthorized use of your funds! It is better to be safe and think of a unique password.
- Key in the code given. PayPal displays a sequence of characters in a box with a boxed background. You must type in the characters, exactly as shown, in a text box to the right of the sequence. This step of typing in the CAPTCHA is to prevent automated programs from trying to sign up for PayPal accounts.
On the next page, fill up the following and click the “Agree and Create Account” button.
- Your last name, first name, date of birth, nationality, identification number, full address, including postal code and mobile number.
PayPal also asks you to indicate that you understand your rights with regard to the arbitration of claims as outlined in the Legal Disputes section of the User Agreement.
A link is provided to the document, which describes how legal disputes should be handled in the event that there are problems between you and PayPal. As with any legal document, you should read the whole thing before signing and contact a lawyer if you’re unsure as to what the document means.
Link you credit card or debit card to PayPal. Fill in your Credit Card number, Expiry date, CVV and click the “Link Card” button.
If you want to link your card to your PayPal account later, click the text “I’ll do it later”.
An e-mail will be send to you to confirm your phone number in order to complete your account setup after you have done Step 5.
Open the e-mail from PayPal and click the “Confirm my phone number” button.
Look for an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject heading of “Complete your PayPal account setup”.
You are ready to go! Click the text “account” to see your account summary page.
Congratulations! You have just created your PayPal Personal Account!
*This account setup process shown above is as of year 2016.
Please do comment below if you have any feedback or anything that you want to share with me.
Have a great day!